Below are some of the most frequently asked questions about Freedom Fest. If you cannot find an answer to your question below or on the website, please do not hesitate to contact our offices at 608-756-4175 or by submitting a question via our contact form.
When is Freedom Fest?
Where is Freedom Fest?
What do I need to bring?
When are the fireworks?
Who are the bands at Freedom Fest?
What does it cost?
How can this be done for free?
Do you have handicap parking available?
What happens if it rains?
What are you doing about COVID-19?
Freedom Fest 2020 will be on Saturday, August 22, 2020. Gates open at 4:00 p.m. Our free compassion component will be in operation from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. The fireworks are scheduled to begin right around 8:45 p.m. Please note, as a part of our response to COVID-19, we have rescheduled all our concerts for our 2021 event.
Freedom Fest is held at New Life Assembly of God in Janesville, WI. Our church is on the corner of N Wright Road and Highway 14. Our address is 2416 N Wright Road, Janesville, WI, 53546. To get directions to our church, simply click here.
Our goal each and every year is to provide you with the best experience possible at Freedom Fest. If you have not previously attended Freedom Fest, bringing along the following acceptable items might prove beneficial:
- A blanket or lawn chair (many guests bring these items for the fireworks show);
- A cooler (while we have food vendors on-site, you are allowed to bring your own coolers with food and drinks – no alcohol or tailgating is allowed);
- Camera (photographs are allowed, and if you are taking pictures to upload to Instagram or Twitter, why not hashtag #FreedomFestNewLife and share it);
- Money (while the event is free, you may want to purchase some food or drop some cash into one of our donation rockets);
- Face masks and hand sanitizer (we will have some available on-site, but bringing your own will help us serve more guests);
- Your smile (it’s going to be an awesome day).
The following items are strictly prohibited from the grounds of Freedom Fest at any time.
- No alcohol;
- No smoking or vaping;
- No pets (except service animals);
- No bicycles (there is a bike rack to lock your bicycle upon arrival);
- No fireworks (we already got it covered);
- No firearms.
The fireworks occur at dusk. Typically, this falls around 8:45 p.m. (Please know that 8:45 p.m. is an approximate time and may be adjusted at the discretion of our pyrotechnician.)
Please note, as a part of our response to COVID-19, we have rescheduled all our concerts for our 2021 event. Our stage entertainment changes every year to provide your family with a fresh and exciting Freedom Fest experience. In 2021, our stage will feature headliner We Are Messengers and feature Austin French and Blanca.
The mission of Freedom Fest is to keep it free. We do not charge for event admission. We do not charge for parking. We do not charge for the groceries and produce, the clothing, the backpacks and school supplies, or the haircuts. It is absolutely free. The only thing that costs money at Freedom Fest is food. However, you are always welcome to bring in your own food as well.
We are blessed with some incredible sponsors. You can visit our sponsor page to see everyone who is involved. Please stop by these businesses and thank them for their contribution to Freedom Fest. Additionally, we have some incredibly faithful givers at New Life Assembly of God. We serve an incredibly faithful God who has consistently provided the means for this event each year. If you are interested in giving to Freedom Fest and helping to keep the event free, please click here. If your business might be interested in partnering with us, we have some information available for you here.
Yes! We do have handicap parking available. There will be people to direct you as you pull onto the grounds to our available parking area.
Please note, as a part of our COVID-19 response, we are unable to offer the shuttles from parking to the event as we have done in previous years. Please keep this in mind and make the necessary accommodations and, remember, parking on-site is limited and does fill up quickly!
In the event of rain, our event will continue as planned unless otherwise announced via our website.
We want to assure you that our team has been working and communicating with various city officials and being mindful of what phase we are presently in and what phase we might be in by August 22nd. We want you and your families to have a safe event at Freedom Fest. As such, we are recommending all our volunteers and guests to practice the CDC guidelines, which includes but is not limited to:
- Washing your hands frequently and using hand sanitizer when hand washing is not available;
- Social distancing and avoiding close, personal contact with others;
- Covering your mouth and nose with a cloth or mask when around others;
- Staying home if you are running a fever or feeling ill.
Please review the current CDC recommendations and guidelines. You can read more on how to protect yourself by visiting https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/prevention.html.
Please visit our dedicated COVID-19 response webpage to stay updated with our action plan. You can check that out at https://www.freedomfestnewlife.com/covid.